Friday, August 7, 2009

Welcome To Sunrise Games!

I would just like to use my first post to welcome everyone to Sunrise Games! This blog was born out of an intense desire to share my passion of gaming with others who share that same passion. I want to keep this site as bias free as possible. I love all games, but I definitely lean towards the Playstation family of products, which has dominated my personal use for the last ten or so years. Most game reviews will be done on the Playstation versions of multiplatform games, and I will expand into other platforms as soon as I can to review their exclusive content. Anyway, let me tell you a bit about myself.


I am a stay at home father of three, my oldest son is getting ready to begin his foray into school as he starts pre-K in two weeks! My daughter is happily situated in the middle, and my youngest son has his first birthday in about six weeks. I have been gaming for a long time, the first game that played was Frogger on the Atari. I have owned just about every console that has been made by the big players. In order I have owned an NES, Genesis, SNES, Saturn, PSOne, Dreamcast, PS2, GBA, DS, PS3, and Wii, a lot of systems and games by most standards, though not enough by other gaming enthusiasts. I will be adding a PSP to that list in the coming months and folow that up with an Xbox 360. Given enough demand and time, I would really enjoy doing retro reviews, so if that seems like something people would like to read be sure to speak up!


For the time being, as stated above, I will mostly be doing reviews of PS3 games, and then others will follow. There will be some Wii games thrown in here and there, but I will not be reviewing shovelware for the any system, so those reviews will almost always be core games. I don't have the time or money to do reviews for those kinds of games and I doubt anyone will fault me for it. Some of them will get reviewed but most will not, sorry to disappoint. The reviews will all be recommended as Play, Buy, and Disregard. Point systems are to ambiguous to be effective and it's all opinion, so what I like some others may not, but I don't want to halt a presons decision to play a game.



I will try to follow news as well. I don't have any moles in comapnies, so no breaking news can be found here, yet. If you want a fresh spin on the news of the day, I hope you choose to come here. I hope to build this into my own network of blogs, and will expand into Sunrise Movies in a couple of days for similar news and reviews as here.


Thanks for taking the time to visit, and I hope you keep coming back!


G.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment